Please find below the first call for papers for the IV International Conference of Economic, Business, Financial and Institutional Translation to be held in the French University of Egypt in El Cairo in December 2020. The website address is to be provided on the second call for papers. Please forward this email to interested colleagues. Many thanks.
Kind regards and happy New Year!
University of Alicante
Cette activité s’inscrit dans le cadre du Groupe de recherche GRELITT (groupe de recherche en linguistique, terminologie et traduction)
*Call for Papers (FRENCH AND SPANISH FOLLOW)*
International Conference on Economic, Business, Financial and Institutional Translation. 4th Edition The Faculty of Applied Languages. The French University in Egypt.
Cairo, 7-8 December 2020
Info at https://bit.ly/2tGiRZi
The era of cloud computing and fluid information, intensified the need for economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation. Multinational companies, international organizations and institutions deliver multilingual contents through documents and localized versions of websites and mobile applications, establishing a new market for professional specialized translation. The process of communicating contents has witnessed a great change and is hindered by the appearance of new challenges, i.e. the emergence of localization, collaborative translation work and automatic translation platforms, in addition to the
emergence of electronic and application commerce. Translators and interpreters involved in this spectrum are left to deal with those challenges and sort them out for themselves, and answer questions like; how can information and communication technologies be used to overcome substantial challenges such as the inter-cultural aspects of specialized translation? How can we ensure that translations provided in the abovementioned fields are of sufficient quality and finesse? The Fourth International Conference on Economic, Business, Financial and Institutional Translation (ICEBFIT) sheds light and deals with these issues in addition to highlighting the importance of translation programs. The dire need to train translators and interpreters on those rising scopes bridges the gap between the academia and the emerging markets through new academic courses that trains future translators and interpreters to deal with those issues, carrying their employability criteria as a priority, especially in the economic and commercial fields.
Following three successful rounds held in 2014 at Alicante University, in 2016 at Québec à Trois-Rivières University and in 2018 at Alicante University, ICEBFIT IV will be held in the Campus of The French
University in Egypt in Cairo, for its 2020 round, organized by the Faculty of Applied Languages. In addition to English, French and, Spanish this round accepts papers in Arabic as a pivotal language to open up an entire region; catering to the growing need to Arabic in the international arena. The conference brings scholars, academics and professionals interested in the fields of economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation to meet to discuss topics related to these fields, and promotes scientific research in those areas.
*Language of the Conference*
Arabic, English, French, Spanish
The conference invites interested participants to submit abstracts in not more than 300 words in Arabic, English French, or Spanish in the fields of: accounting, finance, marketing, logistics, transportation, advertising, sales, insurance, macroeconomics, macro finance, monetary policy, tourism, corporate governance, management, real estate, corporate website, environmental and sustainable development etc. Please
send your abstracts to: firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com, starting from December 20th, 2019. Every participant can be the main author for only one paper and a co-author for another.
Each presentation is 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes allocated for discussion.
Participants interested in publication should present a summary of their research in not more than 400 words; including the research question, the methodology, the theory followed and the expected results. The research should follow the APA citation system. The website address is to be provided on the second call for papers.
– Terminology problems and translation practice. Terminological issues
related to the practice of translation.
– Creating terminological resources.
– Text types, taxonomy and contrastive analysis.
– Professional experience: Translators’ professional experience in
economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation.
– The impact of the CAT tools and the AT use of translation resources in
the educational and professional fields.
– Development of the professional know-how in both translation and
website content writing fields.
– Translating specialized discourse related to translation norms and
terminological and phraseological challenges.
– Intercultural issues of terminology and phraseology.
– New teaching methods and tools in specialized translation.
– Vocational-training courses in relation to the concept of translators’
– Collaborative translation.
– Localization: Linguistic, technological and intercultural challenges
– Future of translation: The future of translation in the era of AI.
– Translation and adaptation of texts intended for the visually impaired
like alternative texts.
– Translation training and internships.
– Quality in translation.
– The new research tendencies in the field of economic, commercial,
financial, institutional translation and bibliometrics.
Amal EL SABBAN, Ain Shams University.
Daniel GALLEGO, Alicante University.
Fayza El QASEM, University of Sorbonne-Nouvelle Paris 3 (ESIT).
Guy PENET, WHO (Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean).
Loïc DEPECKER, University of Sorbonne-Nouvelle Paris 3.
– Abstract Submission: December 20th, 2019.
– Deadline for Abstract submission: April 1st, 2020.
– Authors Notification: June 1st, 2020.
– Registration opens: June 1st, 2020.
– Early bird registration deadline: June 1st, 2020.
– Registration deadline: October 1st, 2020.
– Conference: December 7- 8, 2020.
– Full papers submission: February 15, 2021.
– Expected publication to the accepted papers in META Journal 2022, vol.
67, no. 3
– Expected publication in the Four Languages is to be in another
scientific journal or publishing house, to be announced later.
– Accepted international participants early bird: 120 euros
– Accepted international participants after June 1, 2020: 170 euros
– Accepted Egyptian participants early bird: 800 LE
– Accepted Egyptian participants after June 1, 2020: 1000 LE
– International attendees early bird: 60 euros
– International attendees after June 1, 2020: 85 euros
– Egyptian attendees early bird: 200 LE
– Egyptian attendees after June 1, 2020: 350 LE
– Students (UFE) early bird: 50 LE
– Students (UFE) after June 1, 2020: 60 LE
– Students of other universities early bird: 100 LE
– Students of other universities after June 1, 2020: 200 LE
Registration Fees includes:
– Attending all the conference sessions.
– Certificate of participation.
– Certificate of attendance.
– Conference Kit (for participants only).
– Conference book.
– Coffee breaks + Lunch for the two days of the conference.